Vision , Mission, Priority & Thrust
Every institution has certain 'inclusive' specificities which mark its 'exclusive' commitment and contribution to the Indian nationhood. Taki Government College was established at a critical juncture after independence with the vision to educate the uprooted young men and women along with the underprivileged of the surrounding region, to amalgamate them into the main stream of the society, to make them socially responsible citizens by inculcating human values and to prepare them for getting established as flourishingly productive human resources in service and employment. With all these, the Institution envisages that the students educated by its abundance become self-reliant, develop leadership qualities and contribute to the nation building in course of their prospective timeline.
Taki Government College functions under the aegis of the Education Directorate (ED) with concurrent guidance of the Department of Higher Education, Science & Technology and Biotechnology (DHESTB), Government of West Bengal. The Education Directorate, in consonance with the DHESTB, frames Educational Policies and does long-term planning for institutional growth and development albeit taking initiating suggests from the Institution. The DHESTB along with ED directly oversees the financial aspects of the Institution and provides Salaries, Development Grants under various Planned and Non-planned heads and further delves into different aspects of administration. The combine of DHESTB & ED also controls matters concerning to appointments, promotions, transfers and allied aspects of Employees of the College.
- To accommodate all the student aspirants exhaustively who approach the Institution for getting educated so that their motivation for education gets compounded.
- To promote and fulfil academic ambition of students to the extent of Institutional capability and to stretch further the limit of capability in the time ahead.
- To take special interest in cultivating profound social values within students so that they excel as future stalwarts of Society.
- To initiate Postgraduate teaching in all the existing conventional subjects offered in the Institution.
- To enhance progressively the infrastructural built of the Institution so that there remains surplus space well beyond the existing crunch.
- To equip all the Laboratories with futuristic facilities so that students can avail best possible training analogous to global standard.
- To infuse more and more ICT facilities and courses so that all the students can avail allied classy instruction and exploit the same for possible future livelihood.
- To equip the Library with newer publications as well as contemporary facilities so that students can make best use of it for their career building.
- To endow all the students with hostel lodgings especially those from a distance and from marginal sections of society to encourage their forward moving traits.
- To depute resolute efforts in nourishing and inspiring students for their inclusive progress so that they achieve cherished objective at ease.
- To impart quality and value based education to all coming from varied social and economical background and thus to maintain the essence of inclusiveness.
- To put determined efforts in nourishing all around development of the students and to thus make them achieve their cherished goal.
- To empower the women students by encouraging them to go for higher education so that they get extensive access to the domain of contemporary knowledge reserve and can acquire compeer prominence with all others in the Society upholding the constitutional paradigm of equality.
- To engrain understanding and permeate confidence amongst the differently abled students about their latent potentials and thus to bring them in the mainstream of the Society.
- To endeavour for implementing the scheme of 'Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in Education' and hence to make the process of imparting education contextual and appealing.
- To develop awareness among all the young students about their social responsibilities and to infuse knowledge as well as human values within them so that they become good citizens and take active part in societal progress.
- To extend all possible support and opportunities to the students from the weaker sections of society so that all can access higher education without any discrimination.
- To generate awareness amongst the students, particularly those from marginal economical background, about the availability of various scholarships and stipends so that they can put their prime efforts prevalently for academic pursuit and flourish.
- To provide hostel and other allied facilities to students coming from far off places and from marginal background so that they can concentrate more on their academic career.
- To provide required assistance to the differently abled students to the highest extent realizable so as to enhance their self-reliance and thus to make them come to the mainstream of social life.
- To create a substantive pool of devices essential to ICT Learning such as Computers, LCD Projectors, Internet facility & all allied peripherals, and to make them accessible for teaching as well as for informative self-education of students.
- To encourage and support the students to take active part in extracurricular activities such as games and sports, indoor games, cultural performances, National Service Schemes (NSS) and other prototypes, so that they remain in good health and have sound minds which would essentially improve their academic performance and boost their creative instincts.