Year of Establishment :
1950 UG and 2014 PG
Names of Programmes / Courses offered :
UG (Honours and General) & PG
Number of Teaching Post
|Name of the Post ||Sanctioned ||Filled
Number of academic support staff (technical) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled
|Category of Staff ||Sanctioned ||Filled
|Academic support staff (technical)
Details of Infrastructural Facilities and Logistic Support :
- The department of English offers to its students a seminar library which stores books on British literature, American literature, Indian writing and Literary Theory among others. These books may be used by students for M.A course especially.
- There is also a departmental library with collection of books of vernacular and English, nationaland international titles, which have been gifted to the department by visiting faculty, and ex-teachers of the department.
- Student and faculties of the department enjoy wifi facilities within the college campus during the entire college hours.
- Photocopying machine in the department staff room.
- OHP with laptop in smart classroom.
- To impart English-medium based undergraduate level education that is Bachelor Degree in Science and Arts courses in accordance with affiliating University' Curriculum and the UGC Guidelines.
- Understanding and Correlating between Theoretical and Experimental aspects of the subjects (highly essential for Laboratory based subjects).
- Developing concepts in Pure Subjects along with Applied and Interdisciplinary Subject Areas for Real Life Applications.
- Identify various Academic and Professional areas.
- Catering to the needs of Present Day Problems & allied Thrust Areas and Service to Human Race.
Program Specific Outcome (PSO)
English – Courses offered – Bachelor and Master Degree. Develops command in reading, writing, interpreting, public speaking, linguistic analysis etcetera.
- Students will develop the ability to write well—critically and creatively.
- Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to think critically about the ways in which various aspects of identity, subject positions and affiliations function.
- Students will acquire the demonstrable ability to use the terms, categories, and concepts of critical or "close" reading.