Year of Establishment :
Names of Programmes / Courses offered :
UG (Honours and General)
Number of Teaching Post
Number of academic support staff (technical) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled
|Name of the Post ||Sanctioned ||Filled
|Category of Staff ||Sanctioned ||Filled
|Academic support staff (technical)
Details of Infrastructural Facilities and Logistic Support :
- The College library has a rich collection of Economics books.
- The department is also equipped with a well endowed seminar library.
- WiFi enabled internet connectivity is present in the department.
- The department has a desktop, laptop, printer and scanner.
- The department is connected to all other departments of the college through intercom facility.
- The students have an access to the specialized statistical package.
- To impart English-medium based undergraduate level education that is Bachelor Degree in Science and Arts courses in accordance with affiliating University's Curriculum and the UGC Guidelines.
- Understanding and Correlating between Theoretical and Experimental aspects of the subjects (highly essential for Laboratory based subjects).
- Developing concepts in Pure Subjects along with Applied and Interdisciplinary Subject Areas for Real Life Applications.
- Identify various Academic and Professional areas.
- Catering to the needs of Present Day Problems & allied Thrust Areas and Service to Human Race.
Program Specific Outcome (PSO)
Critical Analyses and evaluation of economic issues along with respective principles, Solving of Real-World economic problems effectively in the context of Industry and other areas of study, Generation and analysis of economic data, Cost benefits analysis, Different tools to analyse problems and issues in Business/ Public Policy. Development of Economic theories.
Students graduating in Economics will be able:
- To learn how scarcity causes individuals and groups to evaluate opportunity costs.
- To learn to evaluate how changes in supply and demand affect markets.
- To distinguish between effective and ineffective government interventions.
- To learn the three basic macroeconomic problems: recession, unemployment and inflation.
- To recognize the importance of national economic growth.